Technology is Racing.




Hey dudes! So, here is my recently wrapped up contribution to the Triple G show. A nerd show at Gallery 1988 in LA based on 3 classic 80's movies. I always liked that there was a certain amount of scientific experimentation and innovation in each of the 3 movies involved(Goonies, Ghostbusters, and Gremlins:I know, I know, it's Gremlins 2, but....) which ends up usually mis-firing, but eventually turns the tables on the baddies.


I really enjoy making piece specific repeat patterns, and so attached is the detail of the wallpaper-esque patterns in the background of each part...



So, an addendum: Good friend and fellow occasional Blogger, wonderful toy designer, and astounding musician Kyle Hussa-Lietz pointed this out to me, which fucking made a wonderful weekend more wonderful: one of my favorite nerd blogs posts about the show!

3 comments:

Designer X said...

Awesomeness.

pw! said...

can't stop marveling at these. those patterns are so outstanding

Michael Bukowski said...

The chicken legs in the gremlins pattern almost made me spit out my water!

also, you need a pair of tiny speakers playing Intolerable Weight on a loop by your pieces.